As an adult, navigating uncomfortable social situations can be frustrating and debilitating, adversely affecting relationships and career prospects. The Center for BrainHealth has developed Charisma: Social Cognition Training for Adults to offer personalized training in an interactive virtual world, shown to improve understanding of emotions, intentions of others and daily social function. Using a strategy-based training that targets social-processing brain networks, individuals engage in a game-like setting to practice live, interactive social conversations while receiving tailored coaching to guide their social success.
Feel more at ease in social situations with the help of virtual reality training.
WHAT IS THE TRAINING?
Charisma: Social Cognition Training for Adults is an evidence-based program that utilizes a game-based technology to practice high-level social reasoning strategies in an immersive virtual environment. Participants are guided in a live, real-time training session to practice conversations designed to improve emotion recognition, understand others’ intentions and develop social problem-solving skills. This training is designed to improve your ability to start and maintain conversations, develop relationships and navigate social challenges.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
While this training was originally developed through research with individuals with social impairments, such as autism and ADHD, a formal diagnosis is no longer required to participate. Participants must have graduated from high school.
WHAT ARE THE TRAINING OPTIONS?
- Individualized social-cognitive assessment with tailored recommendations (stand-alone assessment and recommendations)
- Individual training program including pre- and post-training assessment
- Group training program including pre- and post-training assessment
- Booster training sessions (following completion of initial training program)
WHAT DOES THE TRAINING INCLUDE?
- Individual consultation with head, virtual training program
- Pre-training assessment
- 10-hour training program over five weeks
- Post-training assessment
- Tailored clinical report and recommendation meeting with head, virtual training program
WHERE IS TRAINING LOCATED?
Brain Performance Institute
2200 W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75235
View our Campus Map