It is vital that students continually expand and develop their higher order executive function skills. Planning, innovation, and depth of processing are all critical requirements for success in school, home, and life.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM?
Our Strategic Memory Advanced Reasoning Training (SMART) program teaches cognitive processes that enhance deeper-level thinking, focus, and meaningful learning. The SMART Edge program, specifically designed for adolescents, is a structured step-by-step approach that promotes brain efficiency and effective thinking skills. We offer private one-on-one training, small group sessions, and exciting, fun-filled summer camps.
SMART Summer camps extend the basic SMART program by enhancing innovation in an engaging activity-based and age-appropriate environment. More than a decade of research has demonstrated SMART’s ability to boost student potential.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Students entering grades 5-11.
2019 SMART EDGE CAMP:
- SMART Edge Camp for incoming 6th graders up to 11th graders
June 3-14 / Monday thru Friday / 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- SMART START Camp for incoming 5th & 6th graders
August 5-9 / Monday thru Friday / 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
PRIVATE ONE-ON-ONE SESSIONS:
The student meets with the cognitive trainer individually for 12 one-hour sessions over a six week period – sessions are scheduled by mutual decision of parent & trainer.
AFTER-SCHOOL SMALL GROUPS:
A small group of students works with one of our cognitive trainers for 12 one-hour group sessions, held two or three times a week from 4:00-5:00, over a six week period.
WHERE IS TRAINING LOCATED?
Center for BrainHealth
2200 W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75235
View our Campus Map
*Specific outcomes of the training are not guaranteed. Different individuals may use the tools in different ways. Maximum brain change results from the completion of all steps in the SMART program and continual adoption of brain strategies. In order to fully benefit from the SMART program, participants should complete all sessions in succession.
- SMART has been shown to enhance frontal lobe networks, the core problem-solving and judgment center of the brain.
- Study findings indicate positive changes in working memory, inhibition and gist reasoning as well as retention of details.
- SMART has been associated with improvements in standardized test outcomes and academic performance.
SMART Edge Students and their Parents Have Reported:
GREATER ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND CLASSROOM ENGAGEMENT
- Improved efficiency in tackling schoolwork
- Increases in executive function, such as planning, decision making, and follow through
- Improved test scores
- Increased confidence
- Improved academic outlook