Discover how to help your child or teen with brain injury unlock his or her full potential at each new stage. Understand more than just brain capacity, and assess how well cognitive resources are being used. Get personalized recommendations that work with your child's unique brain to promote positive recovery across their development.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM?
This program provides evidence-based services for evaluating, monitoring and maximizing the potential of youth with brain injury, partnering with students, their families, and their care team to equip them for success in their home, school and community environments.
- Annual evaluations of cognitive-communication skills, each with full report and feedback session with family
- Recommendation for parent(s) and teachers/service providers
- Assistance and training to help parent(s) obtain additional services when needed
- Consultation for additional outside services and resources
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Individuals ages 8-18 years who have sustained a brain injury and are at least three months post injury.
WHAT IS THE ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE?
Customized evaluation of your student's higher-level cognitive-communication skills taking approximately 2 hours. Feedback and recommendations after the assessment taking approximately an hour.
WHERE IS THE ASSESSMENT LOCATED?
Brain Performance Institute
2200 W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75235
View our Campus Map
NOTE: The assessment does not involve brain imaging (MRI, CT Scan, SPECT, EEG, etc.), medication or any other procedure.
- Annual follow-up evaluations offered until the child reaches 18 years
- Comprehensive written report
- Guided feedback session
- Recommendations for next steps can include, but are not limited to:
- Follow-up monitoring
- Coordination to facilitate school/classroom accommodations/modifications
- Parent education
- Interaction with existing service providers