TUESDAY NIGHTS IN FEBRUARY- “THE BRAIN: AN OWNER’S GUIDE” LECTURE SERIES
The Brain: An Owner’s Guide, the Center’s annual sell-out public lecture series, delivers groundbreaking brain health research straight from renowned leaders in the field every Tuesday night in February. This event is generously sponsored by The Container Store.
EVERY FALL – LEGACY AWARD DINNER
The BrainHealth Legacy Award recognizes the pioneering spirit of individuals whose vision and dedication to brain research enable the Center to explore the vast potential of the human mind. Award is given at special invitation-only dinner in the fall for 250+ attendees.
- Past Recipients include: Dianne Cash, Debbie Francis, T. Boone Pickens, James Huffines, Dee Wyly, Daryl Johnston and Lee Roy Jordan, Jane and Bud Smith, Lyda Hill, Clint Bruce, and Rep. Dan Branch
EVERY SPRING – REPROGRAMMING THE BRAIN TO HEALTH SYMPOSIUM
- Hosted jointly by the Center for BrainHealth at The University of Texas at Dallas and its partners at the Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute at The University of California, Berkeley
- The Symposium takes place at the Center for BrainHealth and UC Berkeley in alternate years and is designed to engage cognitive scientists, neuroscientists, physicians, psychologists, rehabilitation specialists, researchers, educators and students to share and learn up-to-the-minute breakthroughs in brain research
CHARLES L. BRANCH BRAINHEALTH AWARD
Each year at the symposium, the Charles L. Branch BrainHealth Award is given to a pioneering neuroscientist whose innovation has made a tremendous contribution to brain research. Past recipients include:
- 2017 – Michael Merzenich, PhD
- 2016 – Karl Friston, FRS, FMedSci
- 2015 – Marcus E. Raichle, MD
- 2014 – Floyd Bloom, MD
- 2013 – Daniel R. Weinberger, MD
- 2012 – Donald T. Stuss, PhD
- 2011 – Joaquin Fuster, MD, PhD
- 2010 – Michael Gazzaniga, PhD
FRONTIERS LUNCH LECTURES
- The Center for BrainHealth invites scientists to share their scientific study with students and other researchers at the Frontiers of BrainHealth Lunch Lectures. The lectures are heavily science focused and are not intended for a lay audience.
- All lectures are held at the Center for BrainHealth from 12 – 1 PM in the Reception Hall. Lunch is served at 11:45 AM.
- The lectures are free, but you must register to reserve your seat – RSVP to Teressa Roberson (firstname.lastname@example.org)