SIPS & SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES
Thursday evenings | Monthly
The Brain Performance Institute is proud to introduce a new monthly lecture series. Enjoy libations and the latest insights on brain science innovations. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online. Visit the Calendar and click on a calendar date to register.
“THE BRAIN: AN OWNER’S GUIDE” LECTURE SERIES
Every Tuesday evening | February
The Brain: An Owner’s Guide, the Center’s annual sell-out public lecture series, delivers groundbreaking brain health research straight from renowned leaders in the field. This series, which takes place every Tuesday evening during the month of February, is generously sponsored by The Container Store.
LEGACY AWARD DINNER
Once Yearly | Fall
The BrainHealth Legacy Award recognizes the pioneering spirit of individuals whose vision and dedication to brain research enable the Center to explore the vast potential of the human mind. The award is given at a special dinner for 250+ attendees each fall.
- Past recipients include: Dianne Cash, Debbie Francis, T. Boone Pickens, James Huffines, Dee Wyly, Daryl Johnston and Lee Roy Jordan, Jane and Bud Smith, Lyda Hill, Clint Bruce, and Rep. Dan Branch
REPROGRAMMING THE BRAIN TO HEALTH SYMPOSIUM
Biyearly | Spring
- Hosted jointly by the Center for BrainHealth at The University of Texas at Dallas and its partners at the Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute at The University of California, Berkeley
- The Symposium takes place at the Center for BrainHealth and UC Berkeley in alternate years and is designed to engage cognitive scientists, neuroscientists, physicians, psychologists, rehabilitation specialists, researchers, educators and students to share and learn up-to-the-minute breakthroughs in brain research
CHARLES L. BRANCH BRAINHEALTH AWARD
Each year at the symposium, the Charles L. Branch BrainHealth Award is given to a pioneering neuroscientist whose innovation has made a tremendous contribution to brain research. The award’s namesake, Dr. Charles L. Branch, is a leading scholar, neurosurgeon, and humanitarian. For more information, visit Charles L. Branch BrainHealth Award.
Past recipients include:
- 2018 – Pasko Rakic, MD, PhD
- 2017 – Michael Merzenich, PhD
- 2016 – Karl Friston, FRS, FMedSci
- 2015 – Marcus E. Raichle, MD
- 2014 – Floyd Bloom, MD
- 2013 – Daniel R. Weinberger, MD
- 2012 – Donald T. Stuss, PhD
- 2011 – Joaquin Fuster, MD, PhD
- 2010 – Michael Gazzaniga, PhD
FRIENDS OF BRAINHEALTH LUNCHEON
Once Yearly | Fall
At the annual Friends of BrainHealth Scientist Selection Luncheon, Friends of BrainHealth members have the opportunity to help determine the next research project explored by an emerging Center for BrainHealth scientist. Competing scientists present their proposed studies, and the audience votes for the project they consider most compelling. This pilot funding from the Friends of BrainHealth is critical in helping promising scientists undertake the first phases of their research, facilitating findings that can lay the groundwork for future, larger research grants.
FRONTIERS LUNCH LECTURES
Fridays at 11:45 AM | Weekly
- The Center for BrainHealth invites scientists to share their scientific study with students and other researchers at the Frontiers of BrainHealth Lunch Lectures. The lectures are heavily science focused and are not intended for a lay audience.
- All lectures are held at the Center for BrainHealth from 12 – 1 PM in the Reception Hall. Lunch is served at 11:45 AM.
- The lectures are free, but you must register to reserve your seat – RSVP link is available on our calendar each week before the Friday of each lecture.